We believe that by providing a multimodal common user platform, with integrated facilities, we can substantially reduce the costs of any logistics operation. In today's economic scenario, when the margins are dwindling and cut throat competition, companies make a substantial expenditure on logistics. This can easily be reduced by pooling in the resources at hand. Private Freight Terminals are such multimodal logistic hubs with facilities like ICDs, CFS, Warehousing and sufficient space for stocking and other related activities.
We plan to create a network of Private Freight Terminals at major consumption and production centers across India. We are operating Private Freight Terminals at Durgapur in West Bengal and Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh. Our two more terminals, one at Rudrapur in Uttarakhand and one at Kolkata in West Bengal are at different stages of commissioning. We plan to set up several more such terminals in the coming future.
(A) DURGAPUR PRIVATE FREIGHT TERMINAL
- Durgapur Private Freight terminal was commissioned in October 2012.The PFT is located near Durgapur Railway Station. It is well connected by excellent roads to the National Highway
- With a station code as PFPD, It is a 23 acre facility. The facility has large stocking areas for bulk cargo and space for warehousing. Dedicated stocking and warehousing space can be arranged at the railhead itself for interested customers.
- The facility has a dedicated fleet of trucks to ensure faster movement of the material from our premises.
- Capacity : We can handle around 8 Million tons of cargo at Durgapur PFT.
- Commodities that are being handled:
Iron Ore, Pellets,Coal, Steamed Coal, Coke,Steel products like billets, Pig Iron, Sponge Iron,Clinker, Limestone etc
(B) Ghaziabad (NCR) Private Freight Terminal
- Ghaziabad Freight Terminal was commissioned in March 2015. The PFT is located in Muradnagr in Ghaziabad, well connected with cargo consumption and production centre of NCR.It is 10 kms from Ghaziabad and 30 Kms from Meerut on NH 58. Strategic location of this PFT from eastern peripheralfacilitates seamless movement of goods from PFT to Delhi, Karnal-Panipat, Bulandshahar- Aligarh-Gurgaon.
- With Station code as PHDL, thePFT is a 20 acre facility.It has large stcking area for bulk cargo and space for warehousing. Dedicated stockings and warehousing space can be arranged at the railhead itself for interested customers.
- Capacity: We can handle around 6 million tons of cargo at Ghaziabad PFT.
- We handle Steel, cement, clinker, coke, Containers etc at this terminal.
C. Rudrapur Private Freight Terminal
It is located near the industrial hub of Uttarakhand. The PFT is being set up on around 25 acres of land and will be commissioned by June 2020. We are making the facility specially for handling cement, iron & steel, fertiliser, Containers for domestic and export etc
D. Kolkata Private Freight Terminal
The terminal at Kolkata is being set up at a very strategic location, accessible from most of the parts of Kolkata in around 35 acres of land. Land required for the project has been acquired and various permissions from the railways for setting up the PFT has been obtained.